This is a private blog and in no way reflects the views or position of the United States Government nor the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Well, just sixteen days left before we head off to Atlanta for pre-service training. It's getting real close. Alli and I have both quit our jobs and are now finishing up our packing and really turning up the language lessons. As busy as we are getting ready, not working is very nice. Very very nice. Although we do miss our students, well, we miss most of them. Family time has been great! You know it's getting close when all of your family starts coming in from all over the place to see you "one last time" or to "say goodbye." As a matter of fact, seeing friends and family is about the only thing that we have left to do. So we will see you soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 16 days, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry....now if I can only figure out how to teleport myself like Hiro there would be no reason to be sad about not being able to see you for a while. We are so proud of you guys and know that it will be a great experience. Don't forget to bring a supply of stationary and stamps...we expect regular correspondence from you. Here's a suggestion for spending some quality time with family before you go..MULCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - time is clicking by very quickly. I cannot wait to read installments about your visit. Who knows maybe I will trek that way and drop in for a visit! Better keep us all posted.

Lenny said...

What an exciting time in your lives! We are all very proud of you. Can't wait to read your reports. lal

Billiecrick said...

Hello Alli and Mike
It is so good to be able to hear from you and know a little about what you are doing. I LOVE you both with all my heart. I pray for my God to love and care for you in all that you do. I am well and still working in the flower beds, pulling weeds. It is getting hot here, not much rain. We need rain bad, I have to water the plants. I have 4 tomato plants with tomatoes on them. They are still green. Be good to each other.
LOVE, Granny Crick