This is a private blog and in no way reflects the views or position of the United States Government nor the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Meeker Mongolian for Micro Bus

This particular meeker was built for 9, we had 17 adults in it. I am not a fantastic writer so I am not positive if I can describe what a terrible experience the ride from Murun to UlaanBataar was. Well first of all it took 24 hours in a meeker with 16 other people. Funny story- there was a drunk herdsman riding with us and when our meeker broke down for the first time around ten at night in the middle of nowwhere he asked me if I wanted to go into the woods and have sex with him. To which I refused. Apparently Im prettier than his sheep.
The entire trip was over unpaved roads and the part of the trip where there should have been a paved road the driver wouldnt drive on it because he was trying to save gas by cutting corners and going cross country.
We ended up breaking down a grand total of 6 times during the trip most likely because of the drivers refusal to drive over anything that resembled a road. After I arrived in UB I felt like I was still moving for about four hours. Today I feel better and have decided that I will fly back to Murun. I would rather die in a fiery plane crash than have to do that ever again. Thank you. Love Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he asked me if I wanted to go into the woods and have sex with him. To which I refused...how exactly do you refuse that...is it a NO, F'Off or I'll kill you if you look at me again. Hope you knocked him out for the rest of the trip.

Your next road trip to Alabama will seem like a piece of cake after that experience. Hope you have a better return trip to Murun.We aren't really sure if we should be laughing or crying so for now we've chosen to laugh.

Love and hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh baby! That is the raciest thing I have heard in a while! You are much prettier than a sheep! Good luck getting back! We'll send a tazer for you in case you find yourself in any more sticky situations!!

Love, Mandy

Anonymous said...

are you sure you understood
what he was saying? is your mongolian that good? and where are there woods in mongolia? there had to be a significant event to convince you that flying was good, only in mongolia
hey that sounds worse than the camper trip to nc.
hope you made it home - allie will freeze to death without you to build a fire
love lavonne