This is a private blog and in no way reflects the views or position of the United States Government nor the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Life Without Windows

I have been thinking alot lately on the psychological impact that having a house without windows has been having on us, and I have come to the conclusion that it has no positive impact. Waking up in the morning and having to rely on artificial light (a flouresent tube) doesnt really get you set to tackle the day. Besides for that it makes us feel real isolated from the rest of the world. Even though we only have some felt between us and the world once you walk into the ger its like walking into a totally seperate world. Maybe ill expand on this another day, today Im just here to tell you that there are new pictures up. Stay warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine not having a window in my house but then again I can't imagine living in a ger in winter either...at least you have each other, in the scheme of things that's all that really matters.

most of my posts dont' show up here, don't know why...sending love,
Nancy

Tim Williams said...

I don't know how I would do without windows, but I know I would not do very well without the good old USA. You are doing a great deed, keep up the good work.

Love
Tim & Diann