This is a private blog and in no way reflects the views or position of the United States Government nor the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Novemeber 20th

As most of our loyal readers know last week we went to Erdenet to officially participate in teaching an English teachers seminar and unofficially to go on vacation for a week. I am happy to report the seminar went well and the collateral damage was kept to a minimum. While we were in Erdenet a monumental event occurred, Allison, my wife and a veg head for 15 years ate her first steak EVER. I swore a solemn vow 4 years ago that I would destroy the bunny loving, free spirit, everything has a right to live part of her, and that vow has now been fulfilled. My work here is done. She has officially crossed to the dark side (insert maniacal laugh here).
Now as many of our more insightful readers may be wondering (there are at least one or two of those) how did our poor butts afford steak and wonderful real ice cream and good steak at a restaurant no less, not one that I killed and butchered in some alley, again. Well luckily for us a benevolent force taking the form of our friend Salomon’s father blew into town and treated us to a culinary expedition that was literally the highlight of the last six months that we have been here. I’ve said it before and I’m sure that ill say it again, “the only thing better than steak is free steak”.
Aside from the copious amounts of food and drink consumed we were also indulging on the use of Salomon’s shower and toilet. It’s weird that after not really showering for a couple of months when you take a shower two days in a row you start to feel a little too clean. However, I never once felt like I was abusing the toilet, although surely I was. That seems to be an appropriate image to end this post on. More coming soon, love Alli and Mike.
P.S.
Before we left for Erdenet Allison had a Halloween party for her second grade class. I wish that you could have seen it because it was great. There was candy everywhere and she had the kids bob for apples then bob for candy in a bowl of flour. Hysterical. The culmination of the event was when Alli started throwing handfuls of candy into the air and the kids had never seen anything like it, they had no idea what to do with themselves, because maybe in only the most imaginative Spielberg like mind had an event like this taken place. We will hopefully be able to post some pictures of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Solomons father and thanks to Solomon as well...a steak and a shower, you two are getting spoiled big time ha ha. I would do almost anything to watch Allie eat a steak and ENJOY it. I said almost anything. The halloween party for the children sounds like a whole lot of fun, I look forward to seeing those pictures soon. We take so much for granted living here in the States.

Thanks for sharing, missing you mucho.
Love,
Nancy